As I was running on the threadmill in Bugis Amore Gym and watching those x'mas decorations from the windows, suddenly I realised I am totally enjoying my life now...
Morning driving lesson, afternoon exercise and then evening facial...oh man...that's what life should be - Do whatever we enjoy! :)
Somehow, the x'mas deco gave me a lot of inspiration to do some reflection and I realised that this year, my life is much better...I started working 4 years ago...and each holidays was spent working and still working...never get to totally relaxed, even at home, I was working!
But this year, I get to do things that I like during my free time :) And somehow I have MORE free time for myself lately... Is it because of my new working environment, or is it because I have learnt to balance work and personal time in my life now?
I think it's both...somehow, my new working envt are more people-oriented instead of task-oriented but there's pros and cons and hmm...I don't wanna discuss about work now because it's my HOLIDAYS! (counting down...it's ending soon...sad :( )
As for the balancing act, I think I am better at it now. I certainly realised that in my life, there are more important things than WORK, WORK and WORK... My parents, my brother, my boyfriend, my friends...I need to spend time with them!
And most importantly, I need time for myself. Someone once told me...'If you cannot even take care of yourself, how to take care of others?' And now I totally understand the meaning of it...because I feel myself more energised and more ready to face challenges at work once again! I don't ever want to forget this feeling of having time to do whatever I enjoy doing! :)
Today is a good day... hehe... my driving instructor Mr Toh told me that he will be bringing me to Ubi circuit on Sunday! FINALLY! YIPEE! :) And what he told me today was really encouraging (he has always been so encouraging) - 'Nowadays when you drive, I can relax'. :) Wow...does this means I am a safe and good driver? :))) Looking forward to my next lesson...it's so fun and so err...lemme see...so satisfying because I am making progresses :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment